Sunday, June 17, 2012

Хипстервиль

Dear Lord, was yesterday fun!  And the day before that, too.  On Friday we met with Sasha and her friends over at Katya's house, and spent the whole night just having a blast.  I met so many awesome people.  And after a while, my accent disappeared.  It was beautiful.

Then yesterday, we met up with Sasha again, and with her boyfriend Kostya, and my new friends Iulia and Polina.  I met Polina Thursday night and Iulia yesterday.  All of Sasha's friends are all really great.  Sasha took us to a flea market just around the corner of my metro station.  Oh my gosh.  There were so many hipsters I didn't know what to do with myself.  But at the same time, the whole thing was really cool.  And, believe it or not, hipsters have malls.  The flea market was right outside a hipster mall.  They have a lot of cool shops, bars and restaurants, so I can't wait to go exploring over there later.  It's going to be a lot of fun.  I've never seen so much odd stuff, and all in one place like that, in my life! It's all so bizarre.  And the music - it wasn't really music but everybody was dancing.  The place was so hipster, there was a flash mob at one point!  I also got my hands on some really cool Soviet stuff - an old record and a magazine called Crocodile.  It was some good stuff at a really good price, and there's no way in hell you can find anything like it just laying around in the States. 

Then later last night I met Danielle and Mackenzie in Red Square, after getting turned around by the million ways to exit Okhontnyi Ryad.  There were some things I wanted to go see and do, but by the time we met up it was getting late and they'd already walked around for a while, so it didn't really happen.  But at least I got some cool night pictures of Red Square.

Stay tuned - you never know where I'll be roaming next!





 Me and Polina




 Gosh, do hipsters love taking pictures of things.

 The bigger the camera, the bigger the hipster.

 Hipster greeting cards!

 A bra pillow and some trolls, nothing odd about that at all. . .


 A hammock in a store? And I thought the beanbags were a little strange. :/ lol


 Yulia, Sasha, Mackenzie, Danielle, and I.

 Now all of us short people with Kostya.  He's even taller in real life.











 "Draw me like one of your French girls, Jack."

Waiting for the metro on the way home.

No comments:

Post a Comment